We think it is of great importance that personal data is handled with care. Personal data are therefore carefully processed and secured by us. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and to all relevant privacy legislation. That means, for example, that we:
1. Clearly state for what purposes we process personal data. We do this via this privacy statement;
2. Limit the collection of personal data to only the personal data that are necessary for the purposes for which they are processed;
3. First ask for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your consent is required;
4. Take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and require appropriate security measures are applied by parties that process personal data on behalf of us;
5. Respect your right to inspect your personal information and have it corrected or deleted.
2. Use of personal data
We will collect and process the following Data about you:
1. Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit card information.
2. Information we collect about you. This includes information about your visit to our site. We will automatically collect technical information and information about your visit
including, but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communications data and the resources that you access.
3. Information we receive from other sources. This includes information we receive about you if you use other websites we operate or other services we provide.
4. Collecting this Data is essential to us being able to provide products and services to you.
3. Personal data
Depending on the services and functionalities that you use on our websites, we may process the following personal data from you:
1. Name and address details;
2. E-mail address;
3. Information that you enter yourself in an open fi eld, such as a message in the contact form;
4. Phone number; and
5. Purchase data such as: Model number, serial number, purchase date.
4. Lawful basis for processing
A key requirement of UK Data Protection law is that we have a lawful basis for each aspect of processing of your data.
Where data is collected for the purpose of fulfi lling a contract with you, we will use your data on the basis that processing is necessary to fulfi l that contract, which may include the following types of processing:
1. To process your complaint, question or reaction to a product and / or service;
2. To approach you about your complaint, question or reaction because we want to do research on this;
3. To deliver goods and services which have been ordered by you;
4. To answer your questions or to handle your complaints via social media, e-mail, by mail or by telephone;
5. To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
6. To carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us (including for the purposes of debt collection); and
7. To notify you about changes to our service.
8. Where we are required to process data in order to comply with our legal obligations, we will use your data on the basis that it is necessary to do so for the purposes of legal compliance, which may include storing your data in order to establish, exercise or defend legal claims within the relevant statutory limitation periods.
9. Where we have a legitimate interest (which you may object to at any time as set out below) to process data, we will use your data on the basis that we have legitimate interest to do so which is not overridden by your rights and freedoms.
10. Where we have obtained your consent (which may be withdrawn by you at any time as set out below) to processing data, we will use your data on the basis that you have given your consent, which may include the following types of processing:
11. To communicate with you by sending electronic newsletters and / or mail; and
12. To process your data for possible participation in competitions and other actions, so that we can reach you when you have won something and can improve our services.
5. Provision to third parties
We will never sell your information to third parties. However we may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
1. In the event that we sell any of our business or assets, in which case we may disclose your data to the prospective buyers of such business or assets and to their legal advisers;
2. In the event that we appoint a third party data processor to process your data in accordance with our documented instructions and with the requirements of UK Data Protection law;
3. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
4. If it is n ecessary to disclose your data to our professional advisers (for example, to our legal advisers or our accountants);
5. To any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defi ned in Section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006; and
6. If it is n ecessary to do so in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply (if applicable) or to protect the rights, property, or safety of JVCKenwood UK Limited, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction and exchanging information with debt recovery agencies.
6. Proling and cookies
7. Security and storage
1. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with UK data Protection law.
2. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
3. The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination inside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or that any transfer of data outside the EEA are only made to those states which the European Commission has deemed to have adequate data security protection or which are otherwise permitted under UK data Protection law.
4. Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. We will process your data for no longer than is reasonably required. We consider this to be the amount of time that we need your data in order for any processing which is carried out on the basis of one or more lawful basis set out above.
8. Third party websites
1. This statement does not apply to websites of third parties that are connected to our website by means of links. We cannot guarantee that these websites handle your personal data in a reliable or secure way. Always read the privacy statement of this website before using the relevant website, for more information about how they handle your data.
9. Changes to this privacy statement
10. Your rights
1. In order to exercise any of your rights, please write to us at our registered offi ce or contact us by email using the details set out below.
2. You have the right to ask us not to process your data for marketing purposes. You may object to our use of your data for marketing purposes contacting us and informing us that you object to our processing of your data for marketing purposes.
3. In respect of processing which we carry out on the basis that we have a legitimate interest, you may object to our processing for specifi ed purposes or at all at any time. You may object by contacting us and informing us that you are objecting to processing for one or more of the purposes for which we have legitimate interest to process your data.
4. In respect of processing which we carry out on the basis that you have given consent, you have the right to withdraw consent to our processing for specifi ed purposes or at all at any time. You may withdraw consent by contacting us and informing us that you are withdrawing your consent for one or more of the purposes for which consent was given.
5. You may request to have any incorrect information corrected or to have your information deleted.
6. You have the right to request a copy of information held about you by us. Generally we will provide this information free of charge, however in certain circumstances we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you in accordance with UK data Protection law.
7. In certain circumstances, you have the right to require us (and our third party data processors) to erase your data without undue delay, although we reserve the right not to erase data (or to inform our third party data processors) where processing remains necessary for purposes which are permitted by UK data Protection law.
8. You have the right to request that your data is made portable for the purposes of transferring data to another supplier in relation to:
9. data which you have provided to us;
10. data which is processed on the basis of your consent or the performance of a contract; and
11. data which is processed by automated means.
12. To prevent misuse, we ask you to make a written request for inspection, modifi cation or removal and to adequately identify you by sending a copy of a valid proof of identity.
Do not forget to shield your SSN and your passport photo on the copy. For example, you can use a ‘Copy ID’ app for this.
11. Complaints and questions
JVCKENWOOD U.K. Ltd
12 Priestley Way
London, NW2 7BA